Currently, I need to finish my first draft of my book three (title to be announced). But there are other things I need to do first, both important and not-so-important. And since I like lists – and, really, who doesn’t like lists – I’m posting this as a list of the top ten things that help me procrastinate.
TOP TEN BEST PROCRASTINATION TIPS with estimated time used.
10. Vacuum the house. Clean the bathroom. Wash the dog. It’s hard to get work done when the floor is dirty, the bathroom isn’t spotless, and the dog smells bad. These are also great things to do because they’re the things I put off when I don’t have something more important to finish. (Procrastination time: 1-2 hours)
9. I really need to read a book, some fanfiction, or maybe watch some anime. (Procrastination time: 2-4 hours)
8. Netflix just released a new series so I’m going to watch the entire first season before I get to work. My concentration will be ten times better afterwards. Wait. You’ll see. (Procrastination time: ~14 hours)
7. There is this other book idea I have. I feel totally inspired to write about it. Like I need to write the whole book right now Maybe I’ll make a playlist to listen to while writing it. I’m so ready to write this book that isn’t due at all. (Procrastination time: 3 hours – the amount of time I can write anything before needing a break to vacuum.)
6. You know what really inspires me – The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. Although my work is due in mere days, it only makes sense to spend one of those watching Legolas shoot orcs. It’s important. (Procrastination time: ~10 hours)
5. Search for gifs that I can use on my blog. My blog doesn’t have enough. It needs more and it needs them now. (Procrastination time: 30-45 min) NOTE: GIFS ADDED TO POST AT THIS POINT.
4. Think. Stare. Think. Thinking and staring and thinking take time and energy. (Procrastination time: 3-5 hours)
3. Call my brother to chat. For me, this option is only available after midnight. He stalks the night, never in sunlight is he seen. (Procrastination time: 1 hour)
2. Take a nap. (Procrastination time: 1.5 hours)
1. INTERNET. (Procrastination time: Unlimited until food or sleep are necessary)
After all that, it’s time to get to work.